Terms & Conditions
Members of Chambers accept instructions from any of the following:
- Other authorised litigators
- Parliamentary agents, patent attorneys, trade mark attorneys and notaries
- European lawyers registered with the Law Society
- Employed barristers and/or employed European lawyers registered with the Bar Council
- Legal Advice Centres designated by the Bar Council
- Licensed conveyancers (in matters in which they are providing conveyancing services)
- Foreign lawyers
and from members of all other professional bodies covered by the Bar Council's Direct Professional Access scheme and others, where appropriate, under the Direct Access Scheme.
The barrister members of chambers are barristers trading as sole practitioners and registered with the Bar Standards Board of England and Wales. They are governed by the Code of Conduct which can be viewed by clicking here.
The terms on which the barristers offer their services, in the absence of express agreement to the contrary, are set out in The (New) Standard Contractual Terms For The Supply Of Legal Services By Barristers To Authorised Persons 2012 – Annex T to The Code of Conduct and can be accessed by clicking here. Fees can be discussed and agreed with our clerks on an individual basis.
The barristers have professional liability insurance provided by the Bar Mutual Fund Limited. The minimum cover which barristers must have is £500,000. Territorial coverage is world-wide, subject to the terms of cover of the Bar Mutual, which may be accessed by clicking here. The postal address of the Bar Mutual Management Company is 90 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 4ST.