Trusts and Commercial Litigation Conference - Cayman
Serle Court hosted a second successful conference in Cayman on 26 November.
The Serle Court speakers: Frank Hinks QC, Lance Ashworth QC, Matthew Morrison, Sophie Holcombe, Jonathan McDonagh and Suzanne Rab were joined by a guest speaker Dr Russell Richardson from the Information and Communications Technology Authority. Delegates at the conference came from law firms, trust companies, accounting firms and banks.
The conference covered a wide range of issues including:
- A talk on forfeiture clauses in wills and trusts;
- A trusts case study looking at the impact of Pitt v Holt;
- A case study on asset identification and recovery;
- A talk on cross border insolvencies; and
- A panel discussion on the long arm reach of EU law in the overseas territories.
Feedback from the conference included:
“Great conference. Break-out groups were excellent.”
“Speakers very knowledgeable”
“Very informative presentations and case studies”