Predatory Marriage: Protecting Vulnerable Clients, and Hopes for Reform
Constance McDonnell QC will be speaking at ThoughtLeaders4 HNW Divorce | TL4HNWD 'Predatory Marriage: Protecting Vulnerable Clients, and Hopes for Reform' virtual event on Friday, 1st October 2021 at 12:00PM.
The session will address:
- The current legal position and its impact on vulnerable clients;
- The steps advisors should take when a vulnerable client is identified as being at risk of a predatory marriage;
- The options available to the families of vulnerable individuals, both before and after a predatory marriage occurs;
- How the Family Division’s inherent jurisdiction to protect vulnerable persons can be of assistance;
- The nature of the reforms proposed by Fabien Hamilton MP in light of his constituent Joan Blass’s case; and
- The need for both reform of the law and for better processes and procedures when registering marriages.
Constance will be on a panel with Robert Linden Laird Craig (Knowledge Development Lawyer, Private Client, Forsters) and Michael Armstrong (Senior Associate, Private Client, Forsters). The session will begin at 12:05 PM.
For more information and to register for this event, please click here.