State Aid Immersion Course
Professor Suzanne Rab will be leading Informa Connect's State Aid Immersion Course from 1-3 December 2020. The conference aims to provide attendees with a practical insight into strategies for dealing with their State aid risk management now and in the wake of the UK's withdrawal from the EU on 31 January.
This intense-paced programme will be of interest to participants with minimal or no background in State Aid regulation seeking to grasp insights and practical experience across the area.
Topic areas we plan to cover include:
- System and Legal Framework for State Aid Control
- Concept and Notion of State Aid
- Services of General Economic Interest
- General Block Exemption Regulation
- Research Development and Innovation
- UK's Future Subsidy Regime in an International Context
- Market transactions and State aid
- Compatibility of State aid
- De Minimis Regulation
- Workshop: SGEI in specific sectors
- Workshop: Application of the GBER in practice
- The CMA’s future State aid role in an international context
- …and more
- An integrated and intense training programme that combines UK and EU experience in this fast-moving, challenging and high-profile area.
- An opportunity to translate academic learnings, policy and economic principles into practice through interactive case studies.
- Focus on the application of state aid law in multiple contexts including local as well as central government.
- Insight into the application of state aid law in different policy areas.
- Discussion forum and state aid surgeries to discuss your state aid queries with a leading practitioner.
If you wish to register online, please click here to book using booking code TT01.
If you have any questions, please contact Luke Henderson at Informa Connect by clicking here.
Please find the full programme and timetable here.
We look forward to hearing from you.